Discussion Topics

« Return to Announcements

Newish to SD, new to Transition SD

Hi, I'm Dawn and I live in University Heights right now.

I, my husband, daughter and mother in law are recent transplants to SD from Washington, DC where I was a farm and garden educator, extension agent, Permaculture designer and owner of the first greenroof company in the mid-Atlantic.

I am really interested in meeting other folks who are committed to building mutual aid and learning communities here, as well as making new friends with an active and avid interest in sustainability and self-sufficiency.

I am also very deeply interested in cohousing and helping to found a sustainable, Permaculture cohousing village somewhere in Southern California.

I blog at http://www.smallfootprintfamily.com and am about to release a book on easy pest control for gardeners.

Look forward to meeting you all!

Replies to this Topic

Hello Dawn, 

I've lived in SD since 1972, and am interested in the Transition movement. I usually do too much research and it holds me back from participating first, so I'm breaking the habit and jumping in. I am a gardener, newbie juicer, longtime organic nut and happened upon your blog via my juicing research! Hoping to figure out if there's some organization going on in SD regarding Transition. I work for the city of San Diego and think it's a good moment to speak with this Mayor, tho I'm not that schooled in Transition methods, I have a lot of ideas about building food resources via gardening. Hope you are still around and wondering what you've found here since you posted.

Lisa

You must be logged in and a member of this Groupsite in order to post a reply to this topic.
To post a reply, contact your group manager(s) Join this Groupsite

Transition San Diego